Allergen Awareness Courses and Help for those in doubt.
The legislation came into effect on 13th December 2014
This course introduces learners to the rules and legislation around food labelling and catering in relation to food allergies and allergenic ingredients. It has been designed to ensure operators comply with the new EU law which comes into force on the 13th December 2014. This course is accredited by BIIAB awarding body.
- Identify the 14 allergens (and products which contain them) that must be labelled as being present in foods
- State the applicable law
- State important definitions in relation to where food is sold and how it is packaged
- Define food allergy and allergic reactions in the body
- List symptoms of allergic reactions
- Outline the difference between a food allergy and a food intolerance
- Outline the key rules and legislation surrounding food labelling and catering
- State which staff are impacted by legislation
- Identify the responsibilities of the operator and the consumer in relation to the provision of allergen information
Call 0151 647 1057 or Contact Us for more details.
Another option with “What’s in my Dish?”
Log onto www.whatsinmydish.co.uk and register for the 30 day free trial by putting in your name, business name and email address. An email will arrive with a link back to the website and a password can be created. A count down of free days in the trial will appear at the top and the user is free to view the videos and other help sections. During this time, if you go into My Recipes, they can add each recipe for the full menu one by one. The video shows how to do all of this with a simple step by step process. After the 30 day trial is up, it is £10 per month per site – and that’s all. No hidden costs!
It is very simple and would be well worth £10 per month, if it suits your operation. MORE